Episode 9: The Tankie Craze—Resurgent Stalinism among YouthAnne Jaclard, MHI’s organizational secretary and a veteran of the left of the 1960s, joins Brendan and Andrew to discuss and offer follow-up reflections on her Left Forum talk, “Both Times as Tragedy: the Resurgence of Stalinism among Today’s ‘Left’ Youth.” They explore why Stalinism is making a comeback now, the importance of opposing it, and how to fight it.
Plus, a current-events segment: discussion of MHI’s new editorial statement, “Stop Trump’s Self-interested Drive to War Against Iran—and Against the American People.”
Radio Free Humanity is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman, and sponsored by Marxist-Humanist Initiative ( / ). [...]
WHAT IS RADIO FREE HUMANITY?
Radio Free Humanity is a podcast covering news, politics and philosophy from a Marxist-Humanist perspective. It is co-hosted by Brendan Cooney and Andrew Kliman. We intend to release new episodes every two weeks. Radio Free Humanity is sponsored by MHI, but the views expressed by the co-hosts and guests of Radio Free Humanity are their own. They do not necessarily reflect the views and positions of MHI.
All Episodes of Radio Free Humanity
- Episode 9: The Tankie Craze––Resurgent Stalinism among Youth
- Episode 8: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 2
- Episode 7: Implications of the UK Elections
- Episode 6: The Uprising in Lebanon
- Episode 5: A Long Journey From Marxists to Marx, Part 1
- Episode 4: Green New Deal–Interview with Brendan Cooney
- Episode 3: Brexit-Interview with Chris Gilligan
- Episode 2: Fighting White Nationalism
- Episode 1: Obama-Trump Voters